Thursday, March 24, 2016

Happy Four Years of MatthewGordonBooks!

Image from Julia Kovach - posted in June 2012, just like two of my Smashwords stories
It's hard to believe. Four years ago, in the midst of the venerable Book a Week (not even started on this blog!), I brought this blog into the world. It was on the heels of setting up my Smashwords.com account. It was in a kinder era, one when I lived in the United States, making American literature something of a priority for me. Sometimes, I wonder whether that's changed.

Oddly, since this blog started in March 2012, my recent Leap Day post was the first I ever had a chance to make here. I've been good about most other holidays, though, usually with either a natural disaster or cute animals to show for them.

Early on, I celebrated Canada Day in entries so brief they barely qualify as entries. My 25th birthday was apparently quite the event! I've been serious and I've been goofy.

Here's the post that started them all:


Saturday, March 24, 2012


Hello!

For those who aren't familiar with me (and I imagine most of you aren't), hi! I'm Matt. I love books. I read them. I write them. I keep them beside my bed. I have way too much to say about them and have resorted to blogging in order to keep my thoughts straight.

A few things to expect from this blog:

-Book a Week. I'm reading a book every week of 2012, finishing each Saturday. I've been posting my entries on my RateYourMusic page since the start of the year but I'll also be posting them here now. To see my earlier entries, go here: http://rateyourmusic.com/list/ReddishSkink/reddishskinks_book_a_week_2012

-Thoughts on books. This will likely be lists of my favourite books and/or new books I think are wonderful and that people should read.

-Thoughts on oddball news stories. I love any kind of news story that comes out of nowhere to remind us just how amazing our world is. I may not have much to say about it but I'll provide an impression and a link.

-Links to my stories and books. I write fiction and invite you to read it! I typically write shorter, easily digestible pieces that I will be making available free for laptops and e-readers everywhere via the technological innovation that is Smashwords. Other vehicles may get involved as well but Smashwords will be the first one.

-Administrative details. Yes, you'll be able to find a link to my Twitter account on here, for example.
I like to think I've followed through on... most of these. I'll have to recover my Twitter password soon. The rest should be here. If nothing else, I deliver.

Here's the longest. Here's the one with the most footnotes. Here's the only one written by an author I've actually met in person. Here's the only one the author signed for me. Here's the day with the most posts (June 26, 2012 - three of them!).

Hope you've enjoyed the ride so far. I assure you, 2016 will continue to be a year in which I not only post the most times, on average, per month, but also expand in new and exciting directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment