Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Fall into My Summer Reading List

Happy First Day of Fall!

Due in part to the pandemic-induced lockdown, due also in part to the lack of public transit leading me to read more paperbacks at home, I read more books this summer than in any summer since 2012.

Here's the list, with links where there are entries on here:

Eight of the books I read this summer. The other three are at my parents' house right now.

Shogun by James Clavell (F) - June 28, 2020

The Martian by Andy Weir (F) - July 2020

Red Planet by Robert A. Heinlein (F) - July 2020

I Can't Make This Up by Kevin Hart - July 2020

Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell (F) - July 2020

The Gambler by Fyodor Dostoevsky (F) - July 30, 2020 is when I actually finished it

Are We Smart Enough to Know How Smart Animals Are? by Frans de Waal - August 23, 2020

The Mindful Day by Laurie Cameron - August 26, 2020

Quiet by Susan Cain - August 2020

The Difference Engine by William Gibson and Bruce Sterling (F) - September 20, 2020

The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson - September 21, 2020

Of these eleven books:

  • Six are fiction; the other five are non-fiction. I've put an (F) beside the fiction entries.
  • I only own five out of the eleven. The other six are books I've borrowed. Of the five I own, one was a Christmas present, and another one came from a Little Free Library. Of the three I purchased, I paid under $4 for each of them. This has been a remarkably cheap reading summer.
  • All eleven are paper books. My e-reading has fallen by the wayside now that I'm at home more often.

With colder weather will come more books, more blankets, and surely some books that cost me more than a falafel wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment