Thursday, January 1, 2015

Wacky New Year's Resolution Time!

I hate New Year's resolutions. I've never said that publicly so let this be the announcement. I think people should resolve to do things any time of the year. As a result, I've decided to start making wacky New Year's resolutions each year, preferably that are ridiculously easy to keep. I can make more difficult resolutions on other days, like needlessly detailed ones on March 10 or Iron Man-style culinary ones on September 3. I can also, you know, actually finish my Book a Month entries on time in any given month.

All that said, here's my New Year's resolution for 2015: I'm going to buy at least six (6) new pairs of socks. Seeing as I'm planning on going shopping tomorrow, and I have a Marshalls gift card, I could hypothetically have my 2015's worth of resolutions completed on January 2! Now that's efficiency... or, if you're one of those glass-half-empty types, weaseling out of an obligation. A bunch of my old socks are sprouting holes or going threadbare, so I assure you this will not be frivolous spending. It may be preemptive though.

Drink a Bloody Mary. Watch a football game. Clean your ears. Promise yourself you'll do something in 2015, do it because it's painfully easy, and maybe it'll help you toward a loftier goal you think of on a day other than January 1st.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment