Thursday, February 7, 2019

An Aggressive 2019 Reading List

Back in 2012, I read and reviewed a book each week. (Due to the sheer quantity of the reviews during that era, many of them were more like diary entries.)

Reducing my reading load in 2013 and onward allowed me to:

2019 presents a unique opportunity, though: an abundance of public transit rides, combined with a recent surge of trips to used book stores, means I now have my largest to-read pile since 2012. Exactly how fast I get through them will depend on the rest of life, but here's a short sampling in no order:
  1. February's Book (this will be reviewed very soon, and also tied into other media!)
  2. Babylon Berlin by Volker Kutscher
  3. Throne of Jade by Naomi Novik (yes, I have the first one too)
  4. Lord Brocktree by Brian Jacques (because when you can have more Redwall...)
  5. Dancing in the Dark by Morris Dickstein
  6. Palimpsest by Matthew Battles
Whether this list gets me to July, we'll see. There may have to be a spreadsheet categorizing them all by genre, though...

No comments:

Post a Comment