Thursday, March 24, 2022

Ten Years In

Although this blog hasn't been maintained since August for a variety of reasons (i.e. my life has been way too busy since then), I thought I'd mark what would have been a momentous occasion had I still been reviewing books.

I've reviewed over 100 books on here. Some are long, some are short. Some are fiction, some are non-fiction. Some are old, some are new. Some are highbrow, some... not so much. Over the 2013-2019 span alone, I reviewed 91 books and read many others.

In 2021-2022, my reading hasn't let up. I picked up The First World War by Hew Strachan, a remarkable summation of one of history's most violent conflicts. Then I took on The Habsburgs by Martyn Rady, a fantastic whirlwind tour through a thousand years of Europe's first family. Then I read The Dragonbone Chair by Tad Williams, a book so voluminous at 275,000 words it could have supplied three months' worth of reviews. Then I read Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi, the first book I'd ever been recommended at work. Now it's on toward other fiction and non-fiction, in the roughly alternating order I tend to take. While I make no guarantee as to what I'll read next, especially in this post-review state, I'd like to point out that I do own a Library of America science fiction collection.

I don't see myself ever returning to "full-time", i.e. at least once per month, reviews on this blog, but I'll keep it active as a repository of book recommendations. 

As always, onward and upward!



Pictured: Art Gallery of Ontario, yesterday. Not all art is written down!

Happy Ten Years, my 2012 self. I'd like to think I've made you proud.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I know that some of the posts on your blog are old and some of the posts might not be up to date, but I appreciate the work you've put into your blog. I've enjoyed reading your reviews and believe that you've tackled some bigger topics like World War One. I'm looking forward to your book reviews and I hope that you're still writing them. children’s story book

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is amazing it gives so much ideas and information.

    ReplyDelete