Sunday, October 18, 2020

RBC Race for the Kids 2020: Royal York Race

For my fifth consecutive year running the RBC Race for the Kids, I had a special challenge: devise my own route, for my own distance. I chose to run the longest I've ever run for an RBC race (11.5 km), the entirety of the way down Royal York Road, from St. Philip's Anglican Church at the north end to Lake Ontario at the south end. Supporting Sunnybrook Hospital's Family Navigation Project has never been more creative.

In light of the lack of race kits this year, I wore my RBC Race for the Kids 2018 shirt. I also packed blue Gatorade - why not colour coordinate?

The ceremonial starting gate since 1828. (I ran south across Dixon Road, not east through the churchyard.)

Showing off my gear before the race.

Finishing point. I started at 10:45AM, finished at 12:03PM.

What the race lacked in camaraderie and competition, it made up in scenery and a sort of Zen oneness with the running experience itself.

Once again, as always, a huge thank you to all my donors! There's still time.

No New Balance mascot this time, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment